Privacy Notice Supplement for California Residents
This notice supplements the Privacy Notice set forth above with respect to specific rights granted under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) to natural person California residents and provides information regarding how such California residents can exercise their rights under the CCPA.
This supplement is only relevant to you if you are a resident of California as determined in accordance with the CCPA. Information required to be disclosed to California residents under the CCPA regarding the collection of their personal information that is not set forth in this CCPA supplement is otherwise set forth above in the Privacy Notice. To the extent there is any conflict with the privacy requirements under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and/or Regulation S-P (“GLB Rights”), GLB Rights shall apply.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect:
We have collected some or all of the following categories of personal information from individuals within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers, such as name, contact details and address (including physical address, email address and Internet Protocol address), and other identification (including social security number, passport number and drivers’ license or state identification card number);
- Other customer records, such as telephone number, signature, bank account number, other financial information (including accounts and transactions with other institutions and anti-money laundering information), and verification documentation and information regarding investors’ status under various laws and regulations (including social security number, tax status, income and assets);
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, such as date of birth, citizenship and birthplace;
- Commercial information, such as account data and other information contained in any document provided by investors to authorized service providers (whether directly or indirectly), risk tolerance, transaction history, investment experience and investment activity, information regarding a potential and/or actual investment in the applicable fund(s), including ownership percentage, capital investment, income and losses, source of funds used to make the investment in the applicable fund(s); and
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as information regarding your use of our website, fund data room and investor reporting portal (e.g., cookies, browsing history and/or search history), as well as information you provide to us when you correspond with us in relation to inquiries.
Within the last twelve (12) months, we have shared each of the categories of personal information collected with affiliates and third-party service providers as set forth in “Disclosure of Information” in the Privacy Notice above, and we collect personal information from the sources set forth in “Sources of Non-Public Information” in the Privacy Notice above.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information:
We may collect or share the personal information we collect about you for one or more of the following business or commercial purposes:
- performing services for you, including but not limited to the administrative processes (and related communication) in preparing for the admission of investors to the fund(s);
- ongoing communication with potential investors, their representatives, advisors and agents (including the negotiation, preparation and signature of documentation) during the process of admitting potential investors to the fund;
- the performance of obligations under the governing documents of the funds (and all applicable anti-money laundering, know your customer (KYC) and other related laws and regulations) in assessing suitability of potential investors in the applicable fund;
- ongoing operations, administrative, accounting, tax preparation, reporting, account maintenance and other processes and communication required to operate the business of the funds in accordance with their governing documents and other documentation between the parties, including customer service, processing or fulfilling transactions, verifying personal information, processing contributions and distributions and financing;
- keeping investors informed about the business of the general partner or managing member of the applicable fund and its affiliates generally, including offering opportunities to make investments other than to the applicable fund and related advertising;
- auditing and verifications related to investor interactions, including but not limited to, verifying the quality and effectiveness of services and compliance;
- detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; and
- complying with U.S., state, local and non-U.S. laws, rules and regulations.
We do not sell any of the personal information we collect about you to third parties.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we retain, subject to certain exceptions, including, but not limited to, our compliance with U.S., state, local and non-U.S. laws, rules and regulations.
Disclosure and Access Rights:
You have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information regarding our collection, use, disclosure and sale of personal information specific to you over the last twelve (12) months. Such information includes:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting such personal information;
- Categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information;
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you; and
- Whether we disclosed your personal information to a third party, and if so, the categories of personal information that each recipient obtained.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA, including by denying service, suggesting that you will receive, or charging, different rates for services or suggesting that you will receive, or providing, a different level or quality of service to you.
How to Exercise Your Rights:
To exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, or to access this notice in an alternative format, please submit a request using the method set forth below. If you would like to contact us by telephone without incurring telephone charges, please submit your request and telephone number by email at the following address: CCPAinforequest@flexstonepartners.com
We will contact you to confirm receipt of your request under the CCPA and request any additional information necessary to verify your request. We verify requests by matching information provided in connection with your request to information contained in our records. Depending on the sensitivity of the request and the varying levels of risk in responding to such requests (for example, the risk of responding to fraudulent or malicious requests), we may request additional information in order to verify your request. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf, provided that you provide a signed agreement verifying such authorized agent’s authority to make requests on your behalf, and we may verify such authorized person’s identity using the procedure above.
Our goal is to respond to any verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of our receipt of such request. We will inform you in writing if we cannot meet that timeline. Please contact Benoît Jacquin, Managing Partner, Investor Relations and Business Development, at +1 212 703 0301 or via email at email@example.com, or
Paul-Marc Lachaud, U.S. Chief Compliance Officer, at +1 212 703 0307 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this Privacy Notice.
Thank you for your continued support.